About Me

My photo
Haddon Heights, New Jersey, United States
TO BE CONTINUED

Saturday, January 16, 2010

The World is coming to an End!!!!

No it's not, but I bet I got your attention. Each day we are bombarded with bad news, latest killing, weather disaster, war, stock market-- you name we get it.

I think the best thing for us to do, is to gather information on the things you can make a difference in.

I had a very interesting conversation with a friend about the ethical thought that goes into what I sell at my restaurant. The bases of the conversation centered around why I don't sell Chilean Sea Bass. It's been proven to me that we are sending a species to extinction by over fishing it when there are better alternatives. It's my choice, in my restaurant and I don't care what the customer thinks about this. I've had conversations with customers asking for it for their party and wouldn't do it.

But enough with the preaching. There is a documentary called Food Inc that was released last summer. It's worth a look. If your a little older then me you will recognize first hand a lot of the facts. If your younger then me you'll be shocked.

4 comments:

  1. I just posted about that a day ago ... Its a sad reality , but i see that a lot of people are taking note and becoming more selective on food and i think that is a positive thing for a lot of people and the industry in a way....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Justforfood, I posted because of your post. I'm new to this and can't figure out how to "trackback" to your post. The movie was very thought provoking and your post brought it all back. Keep up all the great work you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No worries Fred i have similar problems with trackbacks and pingbacks and all the rest myself sometimes... Thanks for the support ....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for having values and for adhearing to them in your business.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe Now: standardSmall